Sunday, January 4, 2009

An Update

Yes, I know, I haven't updated my blog in awhile. I've been on Christmas break and haven't really felt like coming up with a creative entry. Plus I've been working a lot, and spending every possible moment with friends -- along with trying to keep from getting snowed in with our record amounts of snow outside. But, now I am back with some pictures to show you some of the things I've been up to recently. . .


We had a Christmas party at my work on the Saturday before Christmas. We had a gift exchange, pizza and lots of fun! I ended up with a very sweet gift -- a bag of candy and cookies. I'm trying to space it out and not eat it all at once. :-)

The Christmas party happened to fall on the same night as my co-worker/friend Devin's 21st birthday, so a few of us got our creative brains together to come up with The Ultimate 21st Birthday Present. It consisted of 21 little gifts (we decided we love the Dollar Tree!) -- most of them being inside jokes between all of us at Great Harvest (a red high heel ornament, a Hannah Montana singing pen (gag!), etc.) and some being just plain funny -- like the little container we found with 21 gumballs -- for a 21 gumball salute! :-) It was a fun way to end the Christmas party. :-)

As I think I've mentioned before, I am the Activities Chairperson for the student council at my college. Our winter activity (which I organized) was a cruise to the North Pole on Lake Cd'A. Each year they take boats across the lake to the "North Pole" which is all decked out in lights, while Santa reads the names of all the kids on board. It's fun and pretty, although it was *freezing* (literally) that night. Our winter activity happened to occur on the same night as the Christmas party at work, so I went from the Christmas party to the North Pole, and I was able to convince Devin to come freeze with me (on his birthday, no less!). We were VERY cold (I have a new appreciation for those on the Titanic), but we were all bundled up and had a blast!

I had to work for a few hours in the morning on Christmas Eve, and after I clocked off I couldn't help but take some pictures of some of the icicles outside. The icicles on this gas can were my favorite -- I thought they looked like a walrus. :-) After I took some pictures of the icicles and snow (none of which turned out as good as I wanted them to), work had pretty much slowed down, so Devin was also able to clock off, and we went sledding (I didn't want to go by myself -- it's no fun that way!) and then we drove out by the lake to look at the Bald Eagles that are here this time of year. The Bald Eagles are SO impressive, let me tell you! I only saw about 3 or 4, but wow! They look so majestic when they fly!!!!!

Christmas came and went rather quickly. My mom and brother got home from California just a couple days before Christmas, so we didn't have much excitement leading up to the big day, but it was nice just the same. We spent the day at home, doing nothing too exciting. However, it was the whitest Christmas I can imagine (as in, feet of snow on the ground and more falling!) which was really nice.


. . .There has been more going on, but this entry is getting rather long, and I need to get ready to go -- I'm heading to a friend's house to watch a movie -- so I will continue this update later.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!