Sunday, March 21, 2010

12 in 12 Challenge: Recipe 2 - Chewy Toffee Bits Cookies

Never fear, dear readers. . .I am back with another installment in the 12 in 12 Challenge. :)

This time it is Chewy Toffee Bits Cookies. And boy are they good! My mom and I made these as a joint effort the other night because we both wanted to make cookies, but it counts for this challenge. :)

Here's the recipe, and I'll follow up with my comments at the end.

Chewy Toffee Bits Cookies
Recipe from The Columbus Dispatch

Ingredients:
2-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1-3/4 cup toffee bits (we used 1-1/2 cup of Heath Bar baking bits)

Directions:
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and beat well.
3. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended.
4. Mix in toffee bits.
5. Drop by teaspoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.

My thoughts:

These are delicious cookies! I love toffee, so putting them in cookies makes perfect sense in my brain. The flavor is delicious and the chewiness of the cookie is perfect, too. We used our cookie scoop, which isn't terribly big, but we decided the cookies would be a bit bigger than we wanted so we cut each scooped cookie in half. They came out the perfect size.

I would recommend this recipe if you like cookies and toffee bits, because the combination is splendid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!