Thursday, July 12, 2012

Book Review: Chasing The Sun (Tracie Peterson)


Hannah Dandridge is trying to keep her family together.  When her father disappears in Mississippi during the Civil War, she finds herself trying to take care of not just her younger siblings but also her family’s newly-acquired ranch in Texas. Meanwhile, William Barnett returns from the war, wounded, only to discover his family’s Texas ranch has been seized and is now being occupied by a stubborn young woman and her younger siblings who have no intention of returning the ranch. Throughout Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson, we see how Hannah and William eventually settle their differences and determine who truly has a right to live on the Texas ranch.

I enjoyed this book. Honestly, I’m a sucker for Christian western fiction and this book did not disappoint. As part of the “Land of the Lone Star” series, this book has me eager to read the rest of the series. This is one of those books where I was drawn in and did not want to finish the book until  I finished it.

If you, like me, enjoy a good Christian western, I recommend Chasing The Sun by Tracie Peterson. It would be a great addition to your summer reading list!

I received this book from Bethany House’s book blogging program. My opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!