Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cheeseball!

Last spring, I helped a friend plan an engagement party/Bridal shower for her sister and her sister's fiance. She was looking for interesting things to serve, and I suggested a cheeseball. This is the recipe we settled on, and I have made it several times since then. As it has become a favorite of mine, I thought I would share the recipe with all of you.



Cheeseball

2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
2 c (8 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions
¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper
2 tsp season salt*
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained very, very very well
½ cup pecan pieces

Combine all ingredients, except pecans, in mixing bowl and mix well. Chill for several hours or overnight, then form into a ball. Coat cheeseball in pecans and chill for several more hours. Serve with crackers. Can also be served in a bowl, without the pecans/cheeseball shape.

*I usually add this ingredient. However, when I made this last night to take to an event this weekend, I omitted the season salt as I needed to make sure it was gluten free and I couldn't find anything on the bottle saying season salt was gluten free. I since did a google search to find out that Lawry's Season Salt is, indeed, gluten free. But the cheeseball is just as good with no salt, or a little table salt thrown in, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!