Saturday, June 5, 2010

Boise 2010, Part 1

WARNING: Long blog post and a decent number of pictures ahead. . .skip or read, it's up to you. You've been warned. :) This is Part 1 of 2. :)
At the middle of May I had the opportunity to go to the capitol city of Idaho (Boise) for my friend Val's graduation from Boise State. My friends Michelle, Sarah and I flew down to Boise and Val's family met up with us there (most of them drove down, and one of her aunts flew down from Seattle).

We had a grand weekend! We arrived on a Thursday, and I am not going to lie and say that I wasn't nervous about the 41-minute flight. I hate flying and was mostly not too excited about takeoff and landing. Once I got to 10,000 feet, I was fine. :)

That evening we made elk tacos, and relaxed while waiting for Val's family to arrive. We took the poodles, Giselle and Tucker, on a walk with Val's cousin (we stayed at her cousins' house, where she lives while at school), checked out some baby geese at a nearby pond, and relaxed.

On Friday we made an hour-long drive to Idaho City, which is a former mining town and is now a touristy town/borderline ghost town. We stopped at More's Creek on the way to take some pictures since it was such a pretty pull-off. While in Idaho City we enjoyed walking the streets, imagining how it was, and then we spent some time in an old cemetery. I am sure those buried there have quite the story to share. After enjoying ice cream at an old ice cream shop, we headed home where we enjoyed a dinner of elk burgers (Val's dad is a chef and they brought all sorts of yummy goodness with them!) and then watched Leap Year while doing our nails and getting ready for the big day the next day.












(To Be Continued. . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!