Monday, September 19, 2011

Of Pumpkins....

We had a late summer this year. Late, as in, it hardly showed up before the calendar started to inch closer to Fall. Unfortunately, not only was summer late, but it was, overall, short.

Fall hit last week. The official kick-off to fall was when I bought a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I was on my way to work for a staff meeting and figured that coffee would make a long meeting much more enjoyable. Now, I don't drink coffee very often, but lately I haven't been able to drink it at all because it has been making me feel very jittery. I guess Laura + Caffeine is not the best combination. BUT! Starbucks must have the magic combination because I, so far, have not had a jitterbug-reaction to Starbuck's coffee. Too bad the coffee I can drink happens to be the most expensive coffee in town.......

Anyway, if you haven't tried their Pumpkin Spice Latte, you are missing out. It is probably one of the greatest drinks ever invented, and they only have it for a couple months out of the year. So next time you're out, stop at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

So, that was my kick-off to fall.

But, really, it isn't fall until I make something with pumpkin.

So I made these muffins.

And they were divine. Just as they had been last year.

Go grab a can of pumpkin and try them. You'll be so glad you did.

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!