Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pho, Anyone?

Last night I had the opportunity to try pho (which is actually pronounced "fuh" but it is much more fun to make jokes about the name if you call it "pho").

It's delicious! The broth had an absolutely amazing flavor and then each person added ingredients in the proportions they wanted until the soup was completely customized in their bowl. First we added pasta (spaghetti or angel hair), then broth, then any combination of chicken, red onions, cilantro, mint, basil and bean sprouts, and then your choice of sriracha sauce or hoisin sauce (I opted for hoisin sauce as sriracha is pretty spicy, I'm told). It was pho-ntastic (see? fun to play off the name!).

Here's a picture of my bowl of pho to show you the finished product, since of course I took "pho"tographs of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!