Saturday, September 15, 2012

Book Review: When Hope Blossoms (Kim Vogel Sawyer)

While on a road trip this past weekend I read “When Hope Blossoms” by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I have enjoyed previous books that I have read by Ms. Sawyer, and this was no exception! It did not take me long to feel like I, too, was a resident of Weaverly, Kansas. I felt like I personally knew the Knackstedt family and was, myself, a neighbor of Tim Roper’s.

In the book, Amy Knackstedt moves herself and her three children to Weaverly, Kansas, with the hope of a new start. Having recently lost her husband to an accident, and having a son with some developmental difficulties, Amy, who is an Old Order Mennonite, wants to start fresh, and what better place than Weaverly?

Unknowingly she moves in next door to Tim Roper, himself a former Old Order Mennonite member. He left the faith many years ago, and would rather forget about that part of his life altogether. It doesn’t take long, however, before Tim is forming an unlikely friendship with the Knackstedt family! Tim does some soul searching while Amy and her children do some ministering. The friendship that forms is something special.

I very much enjoyed this book and am looking forward to Kim Vogel Sawyer’s next great novel!

I received this book from Bethany House publishers (thank you!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!