Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013

In lieu of a picture today (since I kind of forgot to take one...oops!), I am going to take today's post in a bit of a different direction.

---

I'm a bit of a worrier, and I'll be the first to admit it. I've gotten slightly better over the last year or so but I still have things to work on. So I had to smile when I sat down tonight to do my homework for the small group Bible study I'm part of and found the chapter to be titled "Scared," and essentially dealing with conquering fears and worries, and learning to more fully trust God (since He is in control, after all!).

Anyway, this brought to mind a couple quotes I had written down in my notebook at one time or another, so I thought I'd share them. Hopefully they will be an encouragement to you.

"Worry and fretting and obsessing about the future - even if it is a pseudo-holy worry that attempts to discern the will of God - will not add one single hour to your life, and it certainly will not add any happiness or holiness, either."
- Kevin DeYoung, Just Do Something

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control. These behaviors communicate it's okay to sin...they reek of arrogance."
- Francis Chan, Crazy Love

If you, too, are a worrier, hopefully these quotes can help put things in perspective. And remember, "which of you, by being anxious, can add a single hour to his span of life?" (Matthew 6:27 ESV)

Here's to a lovely, worry-free week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Laura!!!
    Wow, the Francis Chan quote really struck me...I am too a worrier and don't always trust that God has a plan for me. I struggle with the what-ifs but He is loving and powerful and big to take care of all my needs. Thank you for sharing your heart, Laura and reminding me of truth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!