Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Peek Into My Week

I hereby declare that this past week was one of the best weeks I've had in awhile - although it was also one of the busiest. :) During the day I worked, but it was the activities in the evenings that created the busyness. Here's a peek into my busy week.

Monday
Obviously I began the work week at 8am. Because everyone was pretty tired, my co-worker and I made a Starbucks/Donut House run and picked up coffee for those who wanted it. I, of course, greatly enjoyed my tall caramel frappucinno. Yum! Monday evening was college group. I have been going to the college group at a local church on Monday nights for a few weeks now. I had gone to a college group a few years ago at my church, but when I had night classes for school I ended up not being able to go, and eventually, for various reasons, decided that wasn't where I was supposed to be. I was content with that, but lately have been feeling the need to get involved with a college group again, and hang out with young people outside of my tight circle of friends. So I am going to a college group at a different local church now. Yes, some of my circle of friends also attend the college group, but interacting with a larger group of people my age has been wonderful these past few weeks.

Tuesday
I'm going to assume it's a given that I had work Monday through Friday, and won't mention it anymore. :) Tuesday night was Awana. I am working with the 5th & 6th grade girls and am loving (almost) every minute of it. :) I have some of the sweetest girls. It's so cool to be involved in their lives in this small way. It makes me doubly appreciate the time that my Awana leaders spent investing in my life when I was a clubber. :)

Wednesday
For the past 3 years or so, my close friends and I have been meeting for Girl's Group. For the past couple of years we have been meeting on Wednesdays. Over the years our group has grown and changed. The girl who originally started the group, my friend Andrea, left us to attend school at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Other girls have joined us for awhile and then moved on. My friend Val is away at school in Boise. My friend Kristy moved back to California. So, now there are three of us: me, Michelle and Sarah, and we get together on Wednesday nights to talk about what's going on in our lives (and we usually laugh a lot, too!), and for about a year or so we have been going through some Bible study guides. Right now we are going through a Kay Arthur study of 1 & 2 Corinthians. We have only covered Week 1 so far, but I think it's going to be a good study.

Thursday
Normally Thursday nights don't contain any planned activity. This week, however, happened to be the opening night of the local college's production of Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, and I happened to know two of the actors. A group of friends and I went to see the production, and it was very well done. However, it started at 7:30pm and ran for about 3-hours, so it was a late night.

Friday
On Friday I went over to my friend Sarah's house with several other girls to help her finish up decorations and food items for her future sister-in-law's bridal shower the following day. We had a blast making brownies, decorating cookies, cutting out decorations, and dancing around the kitchen to a random blend of music. . .and eating sour gummy candies. :)

Saturday
On Saturday I slept in (finally!) and went to the aforementioned bridal shower. It was a really fun shower. :)

Yep, that's my week in a nutshell. It was busy, but super-fun. I enjoyed every minute of it, and look forward to the adventures of this upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!