Easy Chicken Alfredo
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons powdered milk
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used the powdered stuff for convenience)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried thyme (rubbed between your fingers to release the flavor)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup thinly sliced grilled chicken (optional, but so good)
1. Shake together powdered and evaporated milks; set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; cook until bubbly.
3. Gradually whisk evaporated milk into the roux. Cook sauce over medium heat, stirring, until bubbly.
4. Reduce heat. Add parmesan cheese, garlic and thyme. Stir until melted.
5. Thin sauce to desired consistency by stirring in up to 1/2 cup milk (I admit I used a tad bit more. . .my sauce was thicker than I wanted).
6. Add chicken pieces. Heat through and serve over hot pasta. I garnished with more dried thyme and some paprika for color. :) Bon Apetit!
This is delicious. I would totally make it again. I had plenty of leftovers and I can say that if you re-heat it and eat it leftover it is just as good. Try it. You'll love it.