Friday, July 2, 2010

12 in 12 Challenge: Recipe 6 - Easy Chicken Alfredo

I made the most delicious Chicken Alfredo the other night and want to share the recipe with all of you for my 12 in 12 Challenge. This is an easy chicken alfredo that does not require cream, but rather uses evaporated milk and butter, thus making it a tad bit healthier for you. Anyway, if you try it, let me know what you think!



Easy Chicken Alfredo

1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons powdered milk
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used the powdered stuff for convenience)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried thyme (rubbed between your fingers to release the flavor)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup thinly sliced grilled chicken (optional, but so good)
Pasta

Directions:
1. Shake together powdered and evaporated milks; set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; cook until bubbly.
3. Gradually whisk evaporated milk into the roux. Cook sauce over medium heat, stirring, until bubbly.
4. Reduce heat. Add parmesan cheese, garlic and thyme. Stir until melted.
5. Thin sauce to desired consistency by stirring in up to 1/2 cup milk (I admit I used a tad bit more. . .my sauce was thicker than I wanted)
6. Add chicken pieces. Heat through and serve over hot pasta. I garnished with more dried thyme and some paprika for color. :) Bon Apetit!
 

My Thoughts:
This is delicious. I would totally make it again. I had plenty of leftovers and I can say that if you re-heat it and eat it leftover it is just as good. Try it. You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!