See the end for my comments. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Butternut Squash Soup
2 Tbl. Butter
1 Onion, chopped
1 Carrot, chopped
2 stalks Celery, chopped
2 Russet Potatoes, chopped
1 Butternut Squash, peeled, cored and chopped
1 quart Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Fresh Sage (to taste) (I used dried, as we did not have any fresh sage on hand)
Salt (to taste)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream or Sour Cream (optional)
2. Add chopped vegetables (including potatoes and squash) and cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat, until slightly browned (I cooked them for about 8 minutes).
5. Finish with fresh sage, brown sugar, salt and cream.
- Super easy to make! The most time consuming part is chopping the veggies. And waiting for it to cook, of course. :)
- Our whole family enjoyed this soup. I think that means the recipe is a "keeper." Let me know how your family likes it, if you try it!
For previous 12 in 12 recipes, check out the following:
1. Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
2. Chewy Toffee Bits Cookies
3. Deviled Chicken
4. Cinnamon Rolls
5. Strawberry Trifle
6. Easy Chicken Alfredo
7. Pumpkin Spice Muffins