Monday, February 13, 2012

Brad Paisley Concert (AKA, Happy Birthday to Me!)

Last week, I turned 25. This, in and of itself, is a tad scary. Twenty-five. One Quarter of a Century. Kind of makes you think....where will I be in another 25 years. I have some ideas of where I want to be. But where I will actually be, only God knows. I have a feeling those next 25 years are going to fly.

I did something super fun for my birthday. I went to a Brad Paisley concert. Oh, it was amazing. But, did I mention that his opening act was The Band Perry? And did I mention that the opening act for them was Scotty McCreery? Yes, that Scotty. The American Idol. Who I voted for all season long. To say I was excited for the whole concert would be putting it mildly.

Since pictures are worth 1000 words, here's several thousand words to tell you about the concert:

I went with several friends. We neglected to take a group photo, but I took a picture with each of the girls. I won't share them all but here's me with one of my dear friends (who never dreamed she would go to a country concert, by the way).

You can guess who was singing first. :)


 The Band Perry. Oh, how I want Kimberly Perry's hair. I love it. :)

 This was how Brad started his concert. They called it the Virtual Reality tour for a reason.





 Yes. This is Carrie Underwood. And forget Kimberly Perry's hair. I'd rather have Carrie's. I said before the concert that the only thing that could make it better would be if Carrie Underwood was there, too. You can imagine my screams of delight once I thought she was, indeed, there. Forget the fact that it was just a hologram and she wasn't, in fact, there...just a projection of her image, that looked eerily realistic. Remember that "Virtual Reality" thing I mentioned earlier? Yeah. They weren't kidding.

My boy, Scotty McCreery. What a kid. 17 years old and owning that stage like he's been on big country tours his entire life. The kid will be huge someday, just wait.

*Sigh* That birthday will be hard to top.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH YOU GOT TO GO SEE BRAD PAISLEY AND SCOTTY MCCREERY IN CONCERT I LOVE BOTH OF THEM..I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO SEE THEM IN CONCERT....LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN LOVE THE PICTURES:):):) DID BRAD SING AM GONNA MISS HER? IF SO I LOVE THAT SONG:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE BAND PERRY WANTS TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT TOO:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Just saw your comments (I'm slow, lol). Yes, he did sing that song. It was so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous I've seen many a Brad show and have (fortunately) never had this kind of experience. tix were cheap . I was only familiar witlh a couple of tunes, but was thoroughly entertained.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!