Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring?

During winter I have fantasies. I fantasize about what it would be like if it was spring. I imagine warmth...lots of it! I imagine dry. I imagine clear roads.

In reality, a lot of that is not quite spring. Spring is warmer than winter, but certainly not hot. Spring is drier than winter in the fact that the roads are not icy anymore, but we get quite a bit of rain (and the occasional snow flurry), which makes it feel even colder. Spring is not summer. But I think to my mind during the winter, spring and summer are one and the same. Unfortunately, this leaves me just a tad disappointed when spring arrives and the heat wave does not come with it - quite yet. It just means I have to wait for warm weather just a little bit longer. I have to wait just a little bit longer for "shorts weather." I have to wait just a little bit longer for the day when I don't feel like my coat needs to be with me at all times. I have to wait just a little bit longer for our flowers to start blooming.

But when all is said and done....I love spring. Everything is new. And beautiful.

Ahhhh......I love you, spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!