Orange Glazed Chicken
From Everybody Cooks magazine, put out by Dierbergs Grocery Stores in St. Louis
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used a mixture of vegetable/olive oil)
1 package (16 oz) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I would use less next time because I do not like spicy foods)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In medium bowl, combine chicken, 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce; let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Heat wok or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add vegetables, stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. In medium bowl, dissolve remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch in orange juice. Stir in orange peel, broth, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir into chicken mixture.
5. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently until thickened.
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Serves 4 (although I served 3 and we have lots of leftovers).
Yum, yum, yum! If you try this, let me know how you like it! We loved it and will be making it again!